• Initial meeting with BICI to introduce the technology and discuss project scope
• Conduct preliminary technology assessment and market analysis
• Present findings to applicant in a secondary meeting
• Sign NDA
• 2-3 rounds of meetings with BICI to refine proposal and address concerns
• Conduct extensive technology assessment and market analysis
• Work with applicant to draft a collaboration plan and project proposal
• Discuss with applicant or affiliated organization on collaboration and IP terms
• Provide supplementary information if necessary
• Present the project to BICI committee and investment board
• Receive funding and collaborative resources
• Direct funding to applicant
• Involve resources
The typical funding for each project ranges from 100k to 2M USD. The duration of the project usually ranges between 1-2 year, depending on the maturity of the technology.
We require a clear and targeted market application for the proposed technology. If the specific application is not readily known, BICI will conduct market due diligence to identify the market need.